A springboard for your entrepreneurial career.
You’ll get the opportunity to dip your toes into entrepreneurship. You’ll develop and dive deep into entrepreneurial skills and learn what it takes to thrive at a startup, the innovation ecosystem, or even build a business in the long term.
Your intro to the startup world.
You'll get connected to small, high-growth startups from across Canada and hired into your first new-grad gig. Gain access to VFC’s exclusive job board, 1:1 job hunt coaching, speaker sessions, training webinars, and community building.
The training you never knew you needed.
We know what startups want in their employees, and our network of entrepreneurs have taught us a thing or two about the skills you need to be an entrepreneur, innovator or hustler. Our entrepreneurial skill-building training is designed so you have what it takes to thrive.
Friends, future business partners, community, oh my!
Imagine a community of young, entrepreneurial people across Canada that are there to support you, share experiences and lay the foundation of your professional network. This is the picture of our VFC community; home to hundreds of diverse, curious, and innovative folks just like you.
How it works
Submit your Application.
We have two applications windows:
- Fall Acceptance, apply by October 29 at 12AM your time.
- Spring Acceptance, apply by February 28th at 12AM your time.
Record your Video Interview.
We want to get to know you beyond what's on paper, and see why you are a great fit for VFC’s Fellowship. Industry leaders, VFC Alumni, and our network will have their eyes on these!
Go to a Virtual Selection Event.
2021 Cohort Selection Events Schedule
- Fall Acceptance: November 2020
- Spring Acceptance: March 2021
Selected Applicants Are In!
- Fall Acceptance: paid by Dec 18. 2020
- Spring Acceptance: by April. 2, 2021
- Regardless of Fall or Spring Acceptance: June 15th, 2021
Build towards that #DreamJob.
You'll start job seeking right away:
- Fall Acceptance: Job seeking starts in January 2020.
- Spring Acceptance: Job seeking starts in April 2021.
- Meet your cohort in a 3-week, 5 days/week Virtual Training Camp
- Designed to solidify entrepreneurial skills, develop your VFC Community, network with entrepreneurial leaders, and jump into the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- 2021 Virtual Training camp will take place in August 2021.
- Designed in collaboration with your cohort to make sure you have the skills, resources, and networks you need to excel in the first year of your new job.
2021 Cohort Fellows graduate around August 1, 2022.
Fellowships applications for the 2021 Cohort open on Wednesday, September 9th, 2020. We review applications on an ongoing basis for the 2021 Cohort until late February 2021.
If you want to be considered for a Fall acceptance, please apply by October 29 at midnight your time.
If you're interested in a Spring acceptance, please apply by February 28th at midnight your time.
What’s the gist?
Fall acceptance will start job seeking & job support training late December 2020. Spring acceptance will start job seeking in April 2021. All 2021 Fellows attend Training Camp in the summer.
Are you eligible? You are if you can checkmark the whole list below.
- Graduate(d) between Fall 2018 and Spring 2021.
- ***Hold a post-secondary degree or diploma from a Canadian post-secondary
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Be available to begin to start searching for work as soon as you're accepted.
- Life-long learner, eager and committed to complete our year-long training program.
- Adaptable, self-efficacious, driven, and willing to learn to deal with ambiguity!
***OR be a Canadian who has studied abroad.
CloudKettle helps SaaS companies improve their Sales, Marketing and Customer Support activities by leveraging Salesforce and integrated tools.
Skylight is fixing the problems with the traditional renovation experience – bringing it to the level of service you’d expect in today’s world.
Riipen is a web-based technology platform that addresses the skills gap by connecting emerging talent and educators, to organizations through meaningful project-based experiences both in and out of the classroom.