Do you always have a side hustle on the go? Does a fast-paced, creative work environment excite you? Have you always been curious about entrepreneurship? VFC’s student internship program is a brand new entrepreneurial project to introduce post-secondary students to the world of entrepreneurship in Atlantic Canada. We are intentionally building a pipeline of young innovators to lead the Atlantic Canadian economy. Our goal is to match 500 students with work placements at small and medium businesses over the next 3 years.
As a Venture for Canada Intern, you will:
- Develop talents to prepare you to work with or as an entrepreneur.
- Receive 20 hours of leading personal and professional training.
- Be guaranteed a placement with a small or medium growing business.
- Join the Venture for Canada family:a national network of committed, high-achieving young people and staff. Once you are a part of VFC, you can stay connected as long as you like.
- Have an advantage in selection for VFC’s esteemed Fellowship program, ready for you when you graduate.
- Have access to placements at a broad diversity of companies — not all currently participating in co-op placement programs — offering fast-paced and engaging work experience.
Each internship placement will challenge the student to complete an innovation component: the design of a unique solution intended to address challenges in their work environment or community. It can come in the form of a process, activity, approach or framework.
Applications open June 4th for the September 2018 cohort.